1.30.2014

DIY Deer on Reclaimed Wood

I know I usually post about food, but I couldn't help but share this super easy DIY project I did. I made this one shown here for my Dad for Christmas, it was perfect since he had recently bought a farm. However this could easily be done for a very inexpensive way to add some wall decor to a room. 

What you need:

  • Reclaimed wood sign- you could make this yourself or order one online, I purchased mine here on one of my favorite sites, Etsy. 

  • Large Deer silhouette- be sure to print this on a thick paper like card stock so it is durable when you cut it out.. I used the best Printer in Nashville, Printers Press! A special thank you to Ali, for making the print perfect! 

  • X acto knife/ utility blade- to cut out the deer 

  • Spray Paint- I used black, but you can use any color you want (an acrylic paint is also an option you can use, you will just need a paint brush too)


  • Tarp or plastic to lay the wood on and spray paint so you do not ruin anything

This is seriously so easy! .. I also tried this on a printed paper and put a fun colored teal deer on it to try something different. It took less then 5 minutes to do once I had the deer cut out. If you want one of these and don't want to make it yourself let me know! The possibilities are endless with this! 

Deer Print


Cut out with knife

You could use both of these if you wanted
on two different pieces. 

Blank Sign- From Etsy link above

Place where you want it!

Spray paint with your desired color-let dry

Write on it if you choose!


Sample of different way to do it, I used
acrylic paint on this one and a
printed paper from Paper Source





No comments:

Post a Comment