3.05.2014

BIRD copycat recipe from Silly Goose

When I get cravings.. I get creative... Or at least try. 

So, I have been craving Silly Goose, in East Nashville, for the past three weeks. Specifically I have been craving their BIRD sandwich . Now I should just drive there and get my sandwich, but the thought of driving all the way to East Nashville makes me settle on something else to eat and continue craving the sandwich for another week. Once I could no longer fight the craving, I decided to recreate it with stuff I had in my kitchen. I added my own little twist and added a pesto Greek yogurt spread  to mine... and it took it over the top. I think mine actually turned out better  with the basil twist!

BIRD 


How to make the BIRD: 


What you will need: 

- 2 pieces bread (toasted), I used Trader Joe's sprouted 7 grain 
- 1 piece of bacon or turkey bacon- I used turkey bacon and added pepper to it
- 6 oz chicken breast grilled- seasoned mine with salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes- Trader Joe's is where mine were from
- 1/4 cup goat cheese 
- 1/4 avocado
(Optional items below for pesto Greek yogurt spread)
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt 
- 1/2 cup fresh basil 
- pinch of pine nuts 
- splash of olive oil 

If you are making the Greek yogurt spread- add all the ingredients listed for that to a food processor or blender until combined and it is a spread consistency. 

Take the bread and toast it! Spread the avocado on one piece of bread, if you chose to make the basil spread add a generous amount to the other piece of bread. Put the chicken and remaining ingredients on the bread, top with other half of bread to complete the sandwich. 

Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or balsamic drizzle from surprise, Trader Joe's! ... If you happen to have it. 

Take a picture (Instagram it) and then enjoy! I added a small salad to compliment mine, but I will leave that decision up to you! 

❤️K 



No comments:

Post a Comment