2.25.2013

Strawberry SkinnyRita

Complete with a sugar rim ;)




It's not a secret to my friends how much I love a Strawberry margarita from Ted's Montana Grill. I decided I would try to make my own at home as well as make it a little healthier... Here is it!

To make the Skinny Strawberry Margarita:

4 oranges
3 lemons
6 limes

Juice all of them :)

Then take 8 oz of H20 and add 1/2 cup truvia or any type of zero calorie sweetener. Mix well until dissolved.

Combine the sugar water mix to the juiced mix. Stir

Add 10 oz of club soda to the mix.

Add 4-5 oz Jose Cuervo Gold (it isn't the best tequila, but it really mixes the best for this!!!).

Add 3 oz cointreau liquor.

Mix all together well.

Cut up some strawberries and puree them or mash them up in a separate bowl. Then add 1/4 cup 0 calorie sweetener.

I buy a 10 lb bag of crushed ice from Sonic for my margaritas because I seriously think it makes the biggest difference! Yumm!!!

Add desired amount to a shake with ice and shake. Pour into glass and add a scoop of strawberries.

Garnish with a lime wedge and a sugar rim.. Cheers!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment